Tales of Anatolian Shepherds : A Turkish Dog

Dog stuffs, tales, pix and dog stuff!

Name:
Location: Boston, MASS

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Where The Buffalo Roam





After seeing the poor forlorn Buffalo a few weeks ago, it inspired me to dig out some old pictures.
Back in the 70's I was fortunate enough to have a private tour of one of the largest Buffalo Ranches, the "Triple U" in South Dakota. They put me, my friend and my dog Wilbur, a wonderful German Shepherd into a pick up truck and we drove over the hills till we spotted the herd. They cut the engine and we coasted down the hill till we were smack dab in the middle of a huge herd.
My series of 'up close' pictures start out with full view of the hood. With encouragement and precaution, I eventually stepped completely out of the truck and got some great shots. Fond memories that will stay with me forever and how Buffalo should be. Free on the range.

1 Comments:

Blogger Semavi Lady said...

Awesome pics. That first one especially!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home